Tuesday, October 23, 2012

o/~ You Are Always On My Mind.... o/~

What's new with you?  Starfox here, got a bit on my mind but please know you're always there, I really like how everyone's been hitting my blog, even if it's been a couple days.  Makes me warm and fuzzy, kinda like Kenny G but straight.  Had a good day, too.  Plus I have some thoughts too I'd like to share, if Google will let me.

Been doing pretty well on "Sara", to where I can play the individual sections pretty solid.  Just working on the tapping airflow and keeping enough endurance to play it.  But it's pretty much down, so I can move to something a little different...

...like the Pet Shop Boys' cover of Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind", which is fairly simple (it's a bit easier than "Sara", which would count in my book as an "80's Love Ballad") and is kinda fun to play.  Right now I'm about 90% comfy with the first stanza and about 75% on the chorus.  But considering today was the first time I played it, I can't really complain...

..."Ants Go Marching" is a silly kids' ditty, I know, but if you want to get better at playing rhythmic intervals at greater than 1 or 2 steps, I'm finding it a great mental exercise.  There's another ditty, one that I came up with, it's stupid, it's silly, I swear it sounds like "Ren and Stimpy" meets "Disney" with a dash of bad crack, but despite how inane it is it actually serves two purposes: interval jumping and shifting keys in mid-song.  You could literally transit up and down the entire 12 keys, one key per stanza, and it would work.  So far I'm at Key of C and G....

...I need to find my book on online music publishing, because I've been thinking about jamming beats and selling them on a few sites, maybe even get a small album cut.  Yeah, I know, I should market to the big houses, but the problem is lack of control on my end if I go with them, plus yeah, I'll get millions to make the albums, but what Simon Cowell DOESN'T tell you is, you don't get another dime until your album sales cover that contract's up-front payment.  So yeah, I could, but not really warm on that idea...

...and last, Google seems to think my name, "Starfox Dreamsinger", isn't a real name and that I made it up to piss off their servers.  Well, Google and Blog World, it's my stage name, and I also use it on MySpace.  Besides, I'm friends with +Tony Stark, and I seriously doubt he's really Tony Stark and flies around in a metal suit (but Tony, if you are, feel free to correct me over beers!  You're buying!)  My music isn't going to be under my personal name (for personal and security reasons, kinda like why Madonna only goes by one name), it's going to be under my stage moniker.  Don't like it, tough.

I do understand the reasons behind it, but I've seen so many name violations on G+ that it's just stupid.  So Google, please do me a favor and wash your attitude down with a tall cold glass of suck it.  Focus on making another buggy version of Chrome or invent warp drive or something a bit more productive than being hypocritical.  Goddess knows you've got the cash.

Okay I'm done for now, but thank you again.  Was having a rough time earlier but I feel your love and support.  Have a great night and see you soon.

Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment